moon


Poetry and Music

Saturday, June 2

The Widow the Cat and the CarpetBagger.


  (Summer Sydney  1942.)

I was talkin’ to this joker and she walked by...
A small look, a laugh and chat to her friend...
My companion speaks again,
Belonging to the world before her:
“Will we be seeing yer out on Saturdee?”
“The races? Sure”
“Too fat to race anyway, me backs not what it used to be-
visit some when I’m passing through though”

and I stood there thinking that I was trapped by my own society.
There’s a whole world out there mate,
the sun that we see here burning your fat face
is the same one that rises over the pyramids
and touches the face of the Sphinx.
Bet life don’t ask you any riddles,
Lucky bastard
But yer carn't say that to 'em


“anyway tar mate I’ll seeya  next month”

No comments:

Post a Comment