moon


Poetry and Music

Sunday, July 5

Maybe the howling void






Maybe this is the howling void
That I never expected
Therefore never saw
In their eyes
Never
Had protected myself from
And always fell afoul of
Thinking that they were just cold 
Little lambs
In need of a hearth
A proud loving arm
An altruistic helping hand
...
 Not so
...
My hearth is now foul with despair 
Piles of dejected spirits lay around
And offer no hospitality
No maternal warmth
All is just eking  and
Weathering
Leaky breakdowns 
While baby is at school
And strained struggling subsistence
Empty water tanks
Because hot showers help
 With this pain
Feeling hated 
Unabated malign
Feeling that this for sure
Is all underserved
But apathy now smothers  me
I must drag myself out  
Of quicksand
Out of mud that has been slung
Out of a puerile dung hill
That has absolutely nothing at all 
To do with good clean healthy dung.
More like grit to pearl
Grit to grit your teeth hard over
And pearl for all you are worth
All my thoughts
In their agonism
Are delirious convections of
Molten gold
And pearlescence.



No comments:

Post a Comment